Posted on Nov 23, 2023 at 2:04 pm by Oliver C
The dishwasher is a highly appreciated appliance in our homes for the time it saves us and the quality of the cleaning it provides. However, it can sometimes be energy-consuming, especially if we don’t know the tricks to reduce its energy consumption.
Table of Contents
Optimizing the efficiency of your dishwasher
In addition to using an eco-disc, here are some additional tips to maximize the space inside your dishwasher:
- Arrange plates, glasses, and cutlery carefully to prevent them from touching and blocking access to water.
- Slightly lift particularly dirty items to facilitate water flow and their cleaning.
- Adjust the height of the baskets according to the size of your dishes to optimize the available space.
- Do not always use the intensive or auto program: instead, choose an eco or quick cycle for lightly soiled dishes.
- Avoid running the dishwasher if it is not completely full: this helps reduce the overall energy and water consumption of the appliance.
To further improve the efficiency of your dishwasher, consider using an eco-disc. This accessory, designed to be inserted into the dishwasher during the washing cycle, optimizes the use of water and energy, contributing to a more ecological and economical cleaning.
What is an eco-disc?
Eco-discs are small accessories usually made of plastic or metal that easily fit into your dishwasher before each washing cycle. Their main purpose is to alter the water circulation inside the appliance, in order to optimize the distribution of water between the different compartments of the basket. This way, it is no longer necessary to use as much energy to ensure optimal dish cleaning.
What are the other advantages of an eco-disc?
In addition to saving on your energy bill, using an eco-disc in your dishwasher offers several other advantages:
- A reduction in your ecological footprint: by using less energy and water, you directly contribute to preserving the planet’s natural resources.
- Easier maintenance: some models of eco-discs are designed to catch grease and limescale deposits, making their removal easier during rinsing.
- Reduced drying time: thanks to improved water circulation, drying is faster. You can therefore put away your dishes more quickly after the washing cycle.
How does this process work?
The principle is quite simple: by modifying the way water circulates in the dishwasher, the eco-disc allows for better water distribution on the dishes and cutlery. This can significantly reduce the need for hot water to effectively clean the entire contents of the basket, resulting in significant energy savings.
It has been demonstrated that this technique also helps reduce water consumption, which is beneficial both for your bill and the environment.
In conclusion, using an eco-disc in your dishwasher is a simple and effective trick to improve its performance while reducing its energy and water consumption. Of course, we always have the choice between handwashing and using the dishwasher, or even the possibility of opting for both depending on needs and preferences.